Surpassed

Nikon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Alrighty, I posted this one in the gallery but didn't get much response, and I would really appreciate some constructive critique for this.

My intentions for this shot were to break the stereotypical arch pictures. I placed the focus on the street light rather than the arch towering over it in the background. Then to really stress the difference I did a bit of PS work by adding a photo filter and applying as a color burn to give it what I call a "two face" feel :)

Please comment on anything you wish, but there were a few specifics I had in mind. Does this work or is it one for the junk pile? Is the color burn to much and does it look manipulated?

IMG_3610.jpg

It looks really cool, I like the globe street light and I really love the way the arch looks in the background...is it possible to make the bottom part of the lamp post stand out a bit more from the shadow of the arch? (does that make sense?) I'm definitely an amateur so that could be a stupid question, but I think that would look nice.

-Anna

Hey There,
I would not have known that is an arch in the background without you saying so. I do like it as a back drop for the globe because it has contradicting lines to the globe and really makes the globe stand out. The red line on the lamp post ,as subtle as it is, works very well in breaking the schema of the color. As far as the rest, I am with Foxgurl on her opinion of distinguishing the lampost from the arch. I looks as though the globe is just floating there. Great composition. Can't wait to see more. Cheers

I really like it because of the shapes and contrasting colors. (The reflection in the bulb is pretty cool too!)

Thanks for the comments everyone. After further looking I really wished I had taken a step to the left to really center it, and to also better seperate the post from the arch. The original shows the seperation, but the colors weren't working with it. Thanks again fro the feedback!

Most reactions

Back