Surprise This Afternoon

drdan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
thegoodsleepstore.com
I took my camera out on the prairie this afternoon. The sky was hazy in the west so there was diffuse light right before sunset. I was taking pictures of the late winter browns of the various grasses and found this shot. It's the inside of a yucca seed pod catching the last rays of the day. Sony 717, tripod, circular polarizer. Come to think of it I should have tried my Moose warm circular polarizer on this one. I thought it turned out well anyway.

Copy_of_DSC06722.jpg

Very nice, love the colors and the shapes but as usual I'd like to see more DOF.

I think your camera only goes to f8, but if it does go to smaller aperture, use it, that will give you the most depth of field.

beautiful texture and tonal gradations. outstanding macro- another photoforum post i think should be entered into competition- have you thought about it for this one?

did not have any specific one in mind- next time you see a competition for which the criteria are met by this, you should enter it.

Okay, time for "slap my forehead - I'm an idiot" I fianlly thought to do a search for "photo contest" of all things and there are quite a few online. I'll check some out when I get some time.

It always amazes me how I can sometimes be talking on message boards about some obscure sugject that I wished I knew more about, and suddenly realize - hey I'm ON the internet, do a search you big dummy!

Most reactions

Back