Surprised by Old Steam Locomotive

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was sitting in my office and heard a very loud horn. I looked out the window and what did I see? I hadn't seen an older train like this in winona before so I grabbed my camera and ran over for a little photo session. I shot them all in color, but decided that B&W seemed for fitting for the locomotive. The orange trolley car seemed best in color for its vibrant orange color. I noticed, after the fact, that the lady in the window is taking a picture of something (maybe me :blushing: )

What are you thoughts on these pics.

(Mods: feel free to move this if you feel it belongs elsewhere)

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

Very cool! I really like #1 and I love #3 - Great conversion!

Well, your office must be in a cool place plus you must have a nice boss (unless you are the boss yourself? Well, that means: then the boss is automatically nice, of course! ;) ) that you can hear this train coming AND get your gear together to run out and take these photos.

You were not the only one to take photos, I can tell from the first ;). And last, of course :D.

I really like how you captured the smoke in the first!
And I like the motif in general!
We rarely get to see steam trains these days... but sometimes they go on a kind of "museum tour" and take extra trips - FOR photographers, among others, mind! :)

Thanks for the comments. yeah i'm my own boss, so I can do just about whatever I want. I think this is one of the only times i like being in eyesight of the train depot. Most of the trains are so loud and shake the crap out everything. I am moving my location to a much nicer place soon though which happens to be near the mississippi river. So hopefully i'll get some fun river traffic shots. There were a ton of people out taking pics and keeping most of them out of the pics was the hardest part.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back