Surreal Windmill

tempra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.artzam.com
I was out this afternoon with the kids, and taking photos of an old windmill thats not too far away. I was playing with exposure, and shooting directly into to the sun, with a bit of cover from the windmills blades.

Had a polarizer on it, but when I got back, I was just messing about with levels, and all of a sudden this popped out. I know it's not your usual crisp clear and clean shot, but I kinda like it.

Whatcha think?

windmill.jpg

I kinda like it, too, even though it's so obviously photoshopped (usually a big :thumbdown: for me). But I like the strong silhouette. :)

I really like it! I think is stands out so well and love the sky coloring!

I like the colours and the magical atmospheare :D nicely done!

this is an awesome shot! :thumbup: i generally like to mildly tweak images in PS but sometimes i PS the hell out of them.....so what; as long as YOU like it, thats the bottom line, eh?

Your PSwork certainly adds a LOT of drama to the whole picture - which must have been good in the first place, but supposedly nothing compared to the end result of your "tweaking". Dramatic. Make it into a viewcard. It ought to sell well.

JonMikal said:
this is an awesome shot! :thumbup: i generally like to mildly tweak images in PS but sometimes i PS the hell out of them.....so what; as long as YOU like it, thats the bottom line, eh?

Totally agree. As an amature to PS I tend to make a real mess when I start fooling around too much. IMO you have created a visual treat to my eyes, one worthy of hanging on a wall, bottom line.

Thanks all for your comments, glad it's not just me who likes it :mrgreen:

Here's the original that it came from, it was actually a beautiful sunny day, but I expect it's because it was right into the sun that washed the colours out.

Cheers.

windmill2.jpg

anyone can copy a scene but to alter it to something unique and interesting makes it original, nice work.

wow! the first one is awesome :)!!!! i think it could sooo win a contest ;)

Most reactions

Back