Surrealistic seagull

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
And now for something completely different. This little composition appealed to me for the colours, the repeated forms and its oddness! The gull is perched on some large rounded squares that decorate the top of a night club on the promenade at Blackpool, Lancashire.

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Blackpool-Palace-gull.jpg

well, it is very different! i like the colors too and the odd shapes. i wish i could see the bird a little better but i like it.

Like it, but too bad there's a white square next to the seagull. The bird and the square are competing for attention...
Nice picture!

pascal

:lol: lol, I didnt like the white square either so I removed it on ps just to see what it looked like

Thanks for the comments folks. I was aiming to get an abstract shot of the shapes on this building, but the gull kept getting in the shot, so I decided to co-operate with the inevitable! As for the cream shape competing for attention - yes it does, but I think the gull wins :wink:.

Regards, Tony

I dont know if this is deemed unethical or innapropriate on this board but if you want I will delete it immediately.
I thought it looked good for comparison purposes.

gull2aw4.jpg

like it very much good use of shadows aswell! :mrgreen:

Great shot & amazing colors...

Was that the color of the sky pre-processing? It's such a gorgeaous color.

that made me laugh that you were actually trying to keep the bird *out* of your picture since i assumed the bird was your focus.

that actually makes me like the image more now that i know the bird isn't the focus. really cool shapes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back