Susan and Zac | Fall | Engagement | Broken Gear

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My favorite from today's shoot with Susan and Zac. We had a ton of fun, got some great images, and did our best to stay warm on this cool and breezy fall day. Shortly after this the wind blew the stand over and broke both hot-shoe mounts on my pocket wizards... :(

Comments and critiques always welcome!

"Fall" by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Nice image; bummer about the PWs though. Were you using sandbags? Hmmm?

You bet! About 20lbs worth. I think I'm gonna pick up a proper C stand and some heavier bags, especially for windy days like today. I should note it was on a relatively steep incline... I spoke to a PW rep and they said the hot shoes are MEANT to break on impact, and are easily user-replaced. All I have to do is call the U.S. Distributor and order them up [emoji106][emoji106]

Goodmorning!

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Live you learn....Whats better than sandbags, but is hard to find, a assistant. Nothing is better than someone holding your gear making sure everything is safe.

Nice shot though. My only complaint is the rock is blocking both their hands and so of their bodies, which was done on purpose most likely. Include the hands, and it'll be 10x better :)

Sorry to hear about the mishap. Live you learn....Whats better than sandbags, but is hard to find, a assistant. Nothing is better than someone holding your gear making sure everything is safe.

Nice shot though. My only complaint is the rock is blocking both their hands and so of their bodies, which was done on purpose most likely. Include the hands, and it'll be 10x better :)

Normally I have one but she was busy doing other things. And yeah, I wanted to use the foreground rocks to help frame them... You think the hands are that important?

I'm oaky with the partial hands ... 100% invisible hands would be bad. I'd go with a square crop/format. ... I would have centered on the kiss. None of these are major ... some are subjective ... all-in-all Well Done!

I'm oaky with the partial hands ... 100% invisible hands would be bad. I'd go with a square crop/format. ... I would have centered on the kiss. None of these are major ... some are subjective ... all-in-all Well Done!

Thanks! I'll keep those in mind. I didn't want to crop square as I liked the leaves on the top and the wall on the bottom.

Most reactions

Back