Susan + Zac | First Engagement Shoot

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend was a lot of firsts -- first wedding reception, first engagement shoot, and first pet photo shoot. I enjoyed all of them, and came to the conclusion I don't want to do this as a full-time job, but as a side job. It's fun. It's relaxing. I love it.

Anyway, I spent the afternoon with this beautiful couple. Susan has been a friend for most of my life, and her and Zac recently got engaged. For their wedding I offered to shoot engagement portraits for them, and today we did a shoot at the Harkness Park, and in the next few weeks we'll doing a fall-themed shoot at a local farm.

Susan + Zac by f_one_eight, on Flickr

And Away they Go by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Cheers!
Jake

Last edited:
It's an interesting perspective - different than a lot of ring pics. I like it. It does seem a bit bright though. And here's an alternate crop. There just seems to be too much negative space taking away from the rings, since they are somewhat small in the frame.

There are some phantom fingers on the right but I feel a closer crop keeps the focus on the ring. the original crop works as well. This is just an alternate viewpoint.

70029-2564315c30b2fa50b2abec60f8cb8a54.jpg

Attachments

• 15387476912_743a0bca14_b.jpg
    15387476912_743a0bca14_b.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 149
I love the perspective, lighting seems a bit off and could use some work.

But I like the shot, very nice!

I love the perspective, lighting seems a bit off and could use some work.

But I like the shot, very nice!

Yeah the flash was a touch hot, I do agree. Thanks for the input!

I agree with ss completely :)

It's an interesting perspective - different than a lot of ring pics. I like it. It does seem a bit bright though. And here's an alternate crop. There just seems to be too much negative space taking away from the rings, since they are somewhat small in the frame.

There are some phantom fingers on the right but I feel a closer crop keeps the focus on the ring. the original crop works as well. This is just an alternate viewpoint.

70029-2564315c30b2fa50b2abec60f8cb8a54.jpg
I tried a similar crop to that.. But I'm not sure I like cutting off his fingers.

Added a second image.

I like the first one of the most recent post. Mainly because it is a different look that I haven't seen before. The second however, I don't like how Zac is cropped out. A way you could keep the attention on her is to keep him in the photo but have him looking off somewhere else maybe or turned around like it looks like he is. Otherwise I like her pose.

I like the first one of the most recent post. Mainly because it is a different look that I haven't seen before. The second however, I don't like how Zac is cropped out. A way you could keep the attention on her is to keep him in the photo but have him looking off somewhere else maybe or turned around like it looks like he is. Otherwise I like her pose.

Yeah, I also really like the wall shot--it all came together on that one. I'll be honest and say that I do like the second one as well. Let me try and explain what I was going for here. I wanted to have the focus almost COMPLETELY on her, and have her looking at peace and happy with him as her anchor. I thought that if I composed it as so more of him was included, it would have removed all focus from her and her "relaxed and peacefull/happy" look. IF that all makes sense.

Cheers!
Jake

Yeah that definitely makes sense. That's why I though the only way to keep it focused on her was to almost disassociate him from the photo in a way. It might all be equal when it comes down to it :)

Yeah that definitely makes sense. That's why I though the only way to keep it focused on her was to almost disassociate him from the photo in a way. It might all be equal when it comes down to it :)

Well we are doing another shoot in a week or two. So I'll keep this in mind and give it a shot!

What camera/lens combo are you using? I REALLY like your background separation and the sharpness (the wall shot specifically) on these.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back