Suspension Bridge

errant_star

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jenkanderson.com
This was taken yesterday at a local suspension bridge that was built a few years ago as a military exercise and is now a local tourist attraction.

I like all the lines and the shadows and the dof but I'm basically wondering if I'm alone in that?? Does the boy being out of focus detract from it?

Canon 20d
manual settings
1/3200 shutter speed
4.5 aperature value
ISO 400
Tamron 18.0 - 200.0 mm @ focal length of about 50mm

lili_bridge_b_001.sized.jpg

Anyways thanks for all comment and crit and just for looking! :D

I think he does. You have a really strong leading line running right to him and then hes out of focus. I think the shot would be stronger minus the boy or have him in focus. Just the metal all meshing togother to hold your interest.

On a side note it looks kind of flat. Your missing a true white and black. Your grays look good I would just burn the shadows in some more and dodge out or up the contrast on the whites.

I kind of like him being out of focus, it seems unique...love the lines and the patterns, my one suggestion would be to up the contrast just a bit more to give more white and black values rather than an overall grey tone...

I think the boy should be in focus... in fact, I'd suggest basically 'reversing' your DOF..

I love that the boy is out of focus...definitely adds to the mood of the photo.

keeping the boy out of focus was intentional and I like the result .. I was just wondering if it was just me :confused: :mrgreen:

Thanks for all your comments everyone ... I'll definately have a play around to boost the contrast a bit !

Most reactions

Back