Sw1tch (Industrial Minimalism)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
I'm not so sure about this, any help or comments appreciated...

Sw1tchForum.jpg

I'm liking that a lot but i find a better crop for me personally is to crop the diagonal shadow out of the frame (from just below that rivet) as the lines seem stronger and offers the shades of colour a better frame to work from if ya get me drift. :)
but yeah, i like it! :D

I agree. Possibly crop half way down the larger diagonal shadow below the box.

This leaves enough to complement the smaller diagonal shadow on the box.

Very Pretty though!!!

I like this one :) Nice and simple, my only critique would be that part of the box seems a bit hot. You could try burning it in, but it really doesn't detract too much from the pic either. You might try black and white with this too...but overall I enjoy this :)

i agree there is a little bit of blown area in the box, but doesn't distract too much. i like the shadow.

The diagonal shadow does detract some, but how much I'm not sure of. If it was more severely diagonal, I think it would be a help, actually. You could try cropping it, as someone suggested, but that might mess with the shape you've got.

Anyways, a lot of nice lines here and the color-point is good. I'd think about bringing the whole thing down some, maybe burning edges to pull in the focus just a tad but that's just me...

Robert Walton

I like the way the wall runs, and the box and it's shadow.
I have a problem with the bend in the wall to the left, the nail hole down below, and the bends on the electrical pipe, but those you can edit out on PS.
I like the B&W idea a lot.
If you have the chance to reshoot it, maybe try for a different angle on the shadow, and see if anything works better for it.

Lots of good possibilities on this one.

Thanks all! I think I will try that crop as well as try out some of the other suggestions and repost it here. Thanks for the critique!

Most reactions

Back