Swan River

alyeska41

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this photo last winter... was the first nice day after about 2 months of freezing weather and near constant snow... the water had finally thawed... but was still a frigid day....

Panasonic DMC-FZ3
Focal length 11.4mm (114/10)
Exposure time 0.003 s (10/3200)
Aperture f/4.0
ISO equivalent 80
Exposure bias 0.00 (0/100)
Metering Mode matrix

Any comments advice and suggestions are welcome

Thanks Siobhan

swanriver8my.jpg

What is it you are trying to convey with this image? I can't really get a feel for anything here.

If you are trying to show an empty feel, I think it would help to show a lot more water instead of the vertical crop here. I like the sky reflected in the water. But I would have guessed it was a lake, instead of a river.

Can you tell us what you were thinking when you made the shot?

I don't think I was thinking much of anything, except maybe how cold it was, and that I was grateful that the show had stopped, and the ice had thawed, was tired of looking at white.. the blue was striking after 2 months of white on white..

^try to exemplify that by choosing a subject(s) that is simple, but says alot, like maybe a bunch of snow in the foreground then some ice on the water, then some of that nice blue water in the background, perhaps with a few blades of grass sticking out of the snow.

for your camera specs, it's easier to write and understand for you to put everything in the common format, aka:
focal length - 114mm (just say the 35mm equivalent)
exposure time: 1/320
exposure bias: + or - whatever you use (example: -0.7). this isnt always necessary to put down really, in my opinion at least.

Most reactions

Back