Swan

ben306

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well not had the camera a week yet, and only managed to get out at weekend but went for a walk last night and got this photo. I know its not going to set the world on fire, just chuffed with how it came out.

C&C welcome

7.jpg

Shot info for reference:

Camera: Panasonic DMC-FZ18
ISO: 100
Aperture: f/4.0
Shutter Speed: 1/400
Focal Length: 47.5mm

Personally, I don't care for the composition. Too much water, not enough swan. Colors seem a tiny bit oversaturated. Water seems noisy too.

Exposure and white balance looks good.

Cool photo. I agree with Samanax that the composition is a little too much water, but nice nontheless.

You got that with a 47.5mm lens?! You're significantly braver than me. I've heard too many stories about people getting beaten half to death by swan wings to get any closer than a few hundred yards.

Any solid color is going to have clear "noise". There is no cure for that other than an artificial image. As such I personally like the composition as it speaks to an endless "ocean" (or lake, or w/e). I can see where the "color" issue comes from, but it doesn't look nuked to me, just a clear definition of the luminosity scale. If there were a bit more brighter parts of the image the color would perhaps not seem as "saturated".

Most reactions

New Topics

Back