Swearing in ceremony

Ajay

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
From my husband's graduation from Army Officer Candidate School. I was using my 70-300 which has never been a terribly sharp lens and like a dummy I forgot to check my ISO and it was at 800. Noise Reduction in PS helped though.

1- not sure why he's making this face, but I love it!

DSC_0081.jpg

2- giving me a small smile (this one looks a little dark now - is it just me?)

DSC_0094.jpg

3- swearing in

DSC_0102.jpg

4- HOOAH!

DSC_0121.jpg

I think these are quite nice and the conversion seems especially appropriate.

I would crop these to 4 x5 for final printing, there is lots of space to do that without hurting.

Where is Signal OCS done?

Thanks Traveler. 4x5 sounds like the perfect size. I was thinking of framing them with his graduation certificate so I'm sure I could work out something nice with that.

The first part of his training was at Ft. Benning and then the actual Signal OCS is at Ft. Gordon in Augusta, GA. Were/Are you in the military?

Thanks Traveler. 4x5 sounds like the perfect size. I was thinking of framing them with his graduation certificate so I'm sure I could work out something nice with that.

The first part of his training was at Ft. Benning and then the actual Signal OCS is at Ft. Gordon in Augusta, GA. Were/Are you in the military?

My guess that the frame shop at your next assignment will have one of those computer-driven matt cutters that will cut a beautiful matt with the certificate in the middle and some of those excellent pictures around it.

I was 24 years active, retired from Walter Reed as an O-6

Lew

I had to look up Walter Reed - my Army knowledge is still on the shallow side. Very nice though. My husband is a reservist at the moment. We are waiting for his training to be complete and then submitting a request for active duty. Were they doing OCS at Ft. Benning when you went through it?

Congrats to your husband and to you. It is extremely hard being a military spouse.I see he's in the reserves. I always thought the best officers were the ones that were prior enlisted.

Thanks scubabear!

I always thought the best officers were the ones that were prior enlisted.

I'd have to say I definitely agree with you there, although from what I've hard some of the prior enlisted can get a little power happy too. I've never understood how they expect someone to be a decent leader when they've never had to be a follower.

I had to look up Walter Reed - my Army knowledge is still on the shallow side. Very nice though. My husband is a reservist at the moment. We are waiting for his training to be complete and then submitting a request for active duty. Were they doing OCS at Ft. Benning when you went through it?

These are great shots, I really like the sepia.

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm surprised you haven't heard of Walter Reed - with all the attention it got last year due to the neglect that apparently was quite a problem there...and seemed to shine a spotlight on the overall lack of adequate care our troops are receiving when they return from Iraq/Afghanistan.

Walter Reed is a Hospital Unit located outside Washington DC. It was in the news recently for the bad condition that some of the ancillary facilities had fallen into. Many of our heroes, the rough men who stand watch in the night so that we can sleep free pass, through Walter Reed.
I congratulate both you and your husband for the life that you have chosen. I pray quietly each day this stanza from the Navy Hymn.

Lord guard and guide the men who fly
And those who the ocean ply;
Be with our troops upon the land,
And for their country stand:
Be with these guardians day and night
And may their trust be in thy might.

God Bless and Good Luck
I hope that I have not violated the forum rules of someones sensibilities with this post, but if I have so be it.
Bill Brower​

Thank you for sharing these Ajay! What a great way to remember such a special day. Congrats to you and your husband. BTW #3 is my favorite.

Thanks to everyone for all of your kind words of support. :) I really like that prayer Judge Sharpe. Thank you for sharing.

Most reactions

Back