sweetness, but old from like july

newrmdmike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i like these, and feel like posting, so here they are . . . how does everyone feel about these? 1.below is my dad, using a halogen lamp, just kept him far enough from the wall to keep it dark, if you up-ed the levels you could prolly bring the wall out some. smoke on bottom right image was superimposed from a different shot

189086171.jpg

2.my girlfriend, using window light, 85mm lens at f/1.8
189086169.jpg

3.a little uellsman like photo for everyone.
189086167.jpg

4.home made softbox, like 12" x 9" tin for lassagna which i can't spell. covered with wax paper. 150watt bulb. in cs2 i made the color kind of pastel-ish

189088659.jpg

I like the one with the face on the hand...........how do you do that? I think thats amazing.

The second view is REALLY strong. Good posing, great expression, and excellent use of lighting. I don't very often see split lighting handled so well. Looks like you did a bit of work in the shadow side of her face. Well done.

Pete

um, the secret is just in how you blend the layers, scroll through the blending options and you see it right off the bat. nothing special.

i think you'll find if you look up you'll see the secret, its just in the blending options of the layer, and that its two photos with black backgrounds, whichever blending option it is gives that result immediatly.

thanks a bunch. i am wondering if anyone here thinks that the style of my shots doesn't vary enough and that it will become . . . repetitive and stale. please everyone let me know how you feel about this. i think that i have a good solid style, but where do you draw the line between style and all of your shots being the same?

Your question probably will not be answered on this forum. Consider photography and your place in it. I feel that a strong style will get the jobs as opposed to an "all over the place" style.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back