Sweetness in the Snow...New Portraits

I love #6!

Thanks Ava. :)

Nice shots, like always.

I wish i had snow! :(

Here in Florida, it's about 70 degrees today.

Be careful what you wish for Darrell..ha ha ;) The snow is kinda nice at the beginning of winter, but then by March or even April, all you see is 8-10 foot snow piles everywhere. What I wouldnt give for a little bit of 70 degree weather right now. hee hee.

Anyway, thanks for the very nice words. :)

Perfecto:thumbup: Nothing to critique on my end. I actually like number 7, its got alot of character and it's candid.

Very nice series;)

Thank you so much Melis. Your kind words mean a great deal to me! :)

The pictures are quite nice.
There seems to be halos from burning in the snow around several of the figures.

The pictures are quite nice.
There seems to be halos from burning in the snow around several of the figures.

Hi Lew!

Yes, I have to agree. I think I went a bit heavy on the vignette this time. Thanks for pointing that out. I appreciate your comments very much. :)

I hate to be #10 to comment and the first one to say something negative but you are a straight-shooter and will take the comments in the way they are meant.

I hate to be #10 to comment and the first one to say something negative but you are a straight-shooter and will take the comments in the way they are meant.

No problem. It wasn't negative at all. You know I always welcome critiques. Its the only way I can improve.

I have one more I want to post. This was mom's favorite.

Thanks for looking. :)

IMG_1698_2_700_vig_df_chpt_sig.jpg

IMG_1698_2_700_vig_df_nomag_sig.jpg

Wow! Great pictures and great model! :D

Which lens did you use for this? Any lighting etc.? (just out of curiosity :D)

I meant to reply to these sooner. Sorry. I try to reply to all posts on my threads within a reasonable time frame.

she surely knows how to take pics...nice

Thanks.

Wow! Great pictures and great model! :D

Which lens did you use for this? Any lighting etc.? (just out of curiosity :D)

Hi mdw,
I used my 28-135mm lens. Focal length was at 100-135mm most of time for shallow dof. Lighting is all ambient. It was an overcast day, and with the snow on the ground, I had plenty of nice natural light to work with. On occasion, I will use a reflector outside if necessary.

Thanks for the kind words!

Flat out AWESOME!

Thanks so much cindy. I truly appreciate your nice words! :)

Wow NJ! I really love those blue eyes and gorgeous smile. You have some great captures here. I like mom's favorite the best also :) As always, GREAT!

You did a wonderful job. I had to laugh at the guy from Florida who wishes he had snow...as I'm suffering through my 6th month of winter hell!!! I hate shooting in the snow because I find the lighting to be difficult. You nailed it though! Good job!

These are great! Getting the correct exposure in snow is difficult and you nailed it!
The only nitpick critique I have is in the last color one you posted, her face looks a little magenta...probably a color cast from her gloves on her face. I had to laugh, too, because I think her gloves are on backwards. I could be wrong, but I thought the little nubby part were supposed to be on the palm side of the hand. :lmao:

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THESE? They are beautiful! Well done! The bright pink against the snow is just beautiful!

My favourites are 2, 4, 6 and 8.

7 is a lovely shot as well and maybe if you burn the catchlight in her right eye (or left) just a little bit she won't look so squint?

Anelle

Wow NJ! I really love those blue eyes and gorgeous smile. You have some great captures here. I like mom's favorite the best also :) As always, GREAT!

Thank you so much Abby! You are very kind.

You did a wonderful job. I had to laugh at the guy from Florida who wishes he had snow...as I'm suffering through my 6th month of winter hell!!! I hate shooting in the snow because I find the lighting to be difficult. You nailed it though! Good job!

Hey, thanks Joanna for the very nice comments. Yes, I certainly know what you mean about winter. I want spring now! :)

These are great! Getting the correct exposure in snow is difficult and you nailed it!
The only nitpick critique I have is in the last color one you posted, her face looks a little magenta...probably a color cast from her gloves on her face. I had to laugh, too, because I think her gloves are on backwards. I could be wrong, but I thought the little nubby part were supposed to be on the palm side of the hand. :lmao:

Many thanks Kristina for the kind words! And you are correct! You are the only one who mentioned that her mittens are backwards. haha. Mom tried to get her to put the mittens on the correct way, but being a 3 year old, she had to put the mittens on HER way. But hey, its all good. Nobody pressed it, and everyone was happy. :)

HOW IN THE WORLD DID I MISS THESE? They are beautiful! Well done! The bright pink against the snow is just beautiful!

My favourites are 2, 4, 6 and 8.

7 is a lovely shot as well and maybe if you burn the catchlight in her right eye (or left) just a little bit she won't look so squint?

Anelle

Thanks for the comments and critique Anelle! Good idea about the catchlight. I appreciate that. :)

Wow. I think your pictures are very impressive! Love them!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back