Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
During the warm-up, having their swimmers do some sprints

2636031753_784fd56254_o.jpg

2636032007_db17d8104d_o.jpg

Is it obligatory to bite one's tongue when being a swim coach, maybe ;) ?

2644829549_d2ecafb0b4_o.jpg

Ah no. Works fine without tongue between lips, but then you need TWO stop watches! :D

2644831541_bd29b17c7a_o.jpg

"Hmmm, well, not bad, but next time you better..." ;)

2644832221_c5c071f12c_o.jpg

"Aaaaaand, go!"

All these were taken during the warming up sessions on either Saturday, 28 June, or Sunday, 29 June.

Nice job! Looks like you had great weather conditions to work with (perhaps overcast?) becausae I don't see any harsh shadows or squinty eyes. I think 4 is kinda awkward because the girls expressions are like "accidental", giving it more snapshot quality. But I like how you got good exposure on them all.

About 90% of my photos taken during that swim meet were nothing BUT snapshots, and the scenes used to come and go within a second. So among all the 1924 photos shown on www.team-ronolulu.de there will be many more of mere snapshot quality.

It wasn't meant to be insulting.. Just a general observation of that specific one stuck out at me. I hope you didn't take it wrong..

And no, I wasn't even trying to "defend" anything, just explain how these all came about (these five, and the other 1919 pics on that site ;)).
The Saturday was a difficult day for exposure, since during the midday break, the weather liked to be like this:

2636391043_cf3676d58b_o.jpg

... so also the coaches got a feel for the element in which their swimmers practise their sport ;).

The Sunday was a good day ... sunny - Polariser day for the water shots, too!!!! (Of which I took most, of course, capturing "the atmosphere of a swim-meet" was only part of my job, what people expect most is sports' pics and recognisability of their swimmers/themselves).

For some reason I love the last number 5. The last picture. Really good colors. What camera are you using?

The Canon 350D (Rebel XT - I think it is) with the Sigma DG Macro 70-300mm at various zoom settings. AV priority, f8 - had for once have the camera decide on the rest (which lead to many a blooper on Saturday when the light got lower than I could actually hand-hold).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back