http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/45 ... #268137217

Gary

268137217_d3HJR-L.jpg

268136546_XUaHv-L.jpg

268137010_WP89d-M.jpg

Gary

WOW
They really express the intensity going on here
There all amazing, but i particulary like the second one. The crops on on 1 and 2 are awesome

I just went and looking at your smugmug gallery. The whole set is fantastic.

It looks like you either compressed for web view or really cropped in on them because it says all of them are too small for even a 4x6 purchase?

Wow! I love the detail on these! Can you tell me your camera and lens settings?

Thanks Lynnca- I shot with two cameras and two lenses:
1) 20D
2) 5D
3) Canon 70-200 f/2.8
4) Sigma 50-500

Usually wide open to isolate the swimmed with minimal DOF and to increase my shutter speed while maintaining lowest possible ISO.

Gary

I just went and looking at your smugmug gallery. The whole set is fantastic.

It looks like you either compressed for web view or really cropped in on them because it says all of them are too small for even a 4x6 purchase?

Thanks (again) ...
None of my photos are for sale ... (just easier to avoid being attacked by nuts). I do give the participants and the school a free CD of full sized images.

Gary

Ahhh!
At long last, there is THIS kind of sports photography showing on TPF for once. Swimming! Cool.

I haven't taken any photos of anyone swimming for about 3 or even 4 years... before that, I used to TRY and take (good) photos of swimmers fairly often.

But a 500mm lens..................... well, that has never been for me. Never. So I couldn't get THIS close, ever.

Thanks LaFoto. Many were shot with the 200 also and most were cropped tight. The Sigma 50-500 is quite affordable.

Gary

Spectacular images, Gary. All of them.

Let me tell you, I know you are not in the PJ biz anymore, but that style never leaves you, and that is a good thing, my friend.

Spectacular images, Gary. All of them.

Let me tell you, I know you are not in the PJ biz anymore, but that style never leaves you, and that is a good thing, my friend.

Thanks Rick ... not too bad for an ol' fart huh... :D

(This stuff is sooo much easier than the old days of film and manual focus.)

Gary

Most reactions

Back