Switzerland

seemoo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.simonchristen.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spend a week with my family in Switzerland. I haven't been back in 2 years so it was great seeing them and friends again.

We spent two days in my grandparent's chalet in Wengen in the Swiss Alps. I almost forgot how beautiful it is up there. I love fall in Switzerland.

Eiger Nord Wand, Moench and Jungfrau
1822313242_b0f1b2701f_o.jpg

Lauterbrunnental with Wengen in foreground
1806451669_f8b888da44_o.jpg

Hike down to Wengen
1822314462_1779898ca7_o.jpg

Beautiful! Makes me think that it is a shame the last time I was in the Alps was about 30 years ago! :shock: We used to go skiing a lot in Berner Oberland when I was a child, but never after that. Nowadays we mostly go to the seaside when on holidays, but never to the mountains. These photos show me that it IS about time to re-think our standard holiday plans!!

When I see the photo of Eiger Nordwand, Mönch and Jungfrau I must think of the one time we went to the Ice Palace in Jungfraujoch, we took the little cog railway up and hoped for some grand views over to Eiger Nordwand, but it was foggy, stormy and snowy up there. Fierce weather! (I was about 10 at the time, I think...).

I do like your composition of the last photo, very, very much. The road leading us to the moutain, the slope leading us back down into the valley, and the eyes go round and round and round. AND can appreciate the wonderful greens of the grass on the undulating terrain in the foreground. Ahhhh! :D

Vielen Dank LaFoto,

Glad you like it. Yea, the Jungfraujoch is only really worth the trip when the weather is perfect. Otherwise it's way to expensive if you ask me.

Was really great doing some of my childhood hikes again. I didn't even know how much I missed the place.

Thanks again.

if you don't' print and hang that 2nd one, i will hunt you down and do it myself! WOW THOSE MOUNTAINS ARE HUGE.

Hey! I want him to print and hang the THIRD, and I was here first to speak to him, so there :greenpbl: ... he's now BOUND to listen to ME and print the THIRD with the lovely GREENS!!!! Oh yeah!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

very nice work, really like all three but the first stands out for me as it has a combination of elements I like, a great sky, snowcapped mounts fading into green hills and water.

Those montains look incredible.., and so big! I'd love to be waking up being surrounded by the views.

I love the first photo, I can feel the fresh crisp air coming out of it!

Wow wonder photos, really like one and two(esspecially two!). I wanna go there!

Sw1tchFX & LaFoto: haha... I will think about it.

simonkit: Glad I was able to help... :) Swiss Tourism will thank me later...

Thank you all.

very nice
#3 is by far my fave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back