Sword and Gun

Nytmair

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.km3k.com
For some reason we have a really old gun and really old sword in my house...so i decided to have a little fun with them.

Also, becuase these pictures had an all white background, i changed the border to black rather than my normal white, and changed the signiture as well...i think that the black border goes a lot better with these pictures than the white would.

My favorite by far is #1 of the sword. How about you? Comments? Anything?!? :D

-Dan :)

swordengraving.jpg

gachoke.jpg

gunbarrel.jpg

I don't care for the gun shot....scary.

I do really like the detail of the sword shot, but I wish we could see more of the hilt. It's slightly cropped out at the bottom there. A very nice, texture-y image.

nice macro work... don't listen to terri - she's a scaredy-cat :p ;) :) :D

sword shot is fantastic- nice details.

The greys are just a tad to dark on my monitor for the gun shots. I mean gun pics ;) :idea: maybe with the gun pics you can include some shells

vonnagy said:
nice macro work... don't listen to terri - she's a scaredy-cat :p ;) :) :D

sword shot is fantastic- nice details.

The greys are just a tad to dark on my monitor for the gun shots. I mean gun pics ;) :idea: maybe with the gun pics you can include some shells

well both the sword and gun are from WWI, so i don't have any shells lying around since I don't even know if it works anymore :)

lol, the average user won't know (unless its mr. sid :gun: ). To me it looks like a shotgun, so you still might be able to get shells for that, depending what gauge it is. Just an idea, i think the composition stands well enough on its own.

Actually, you'll definately be able to get shells for this - its a twenty gauge... quite a weak weapon for warfare. lol, are you brave enough to shoot this old ordinance is another question :lol:

You can use those things as great props for shots, not necessarily as the subject, but in the background to to give it 'atmosphere'. For instance that shadow shot you did with this gun/sword leaning against the wall would give a whole new story.

hehehe, thats would i love about looking at other folks work, it gives me new ideas for me own stuff! Glad you posted this, its a wicked macro :)

I've got an identical or very close gun. They were cheapo guns even back then and have no collector value that I know of. I agree that the gun needs better lighting and maybe odd angles also to get good pictures from.

markc said:
Links are dead for me.
Look what you did mark. You broke the internet. :wink: The links aren't working for me either. The pictures aren't even showing up when go to your web server.

Most reactions

Back