SX-70 Blend

Meysha

still being picky Vicky
Reaction score
Website
vickywall.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone had a chance to use this new SX-70 Blend film that's coming out of Europe?

I can't find a definate yes or no if it's manipulable. Even their own distribution site unsaleable.com contradicts themselves. One minute they say you can manipulate it, the other they say you can't.

Even though I haven't tried it, i seem to think it's not manipulable because sx70 film on ebay is getting pretty expensive! it's up to Aus$5 a photo now.

It's basically a "No". The Time Zero film is no longer being produced, and this emulsion was what allowed for manipulation.

However, I have seen images of this new film being "manipulated", but it's not the same. A talented artist can make anything work, of course, and I've seen lots of black lines applied to an appealing dramatic effect. But the dyes themselves don't appear to be malleable.

This new film's main purpose in life is to keep our SX-70 Land cameras from being completely useless - it solves the ISO problem inherent with the trick of getting regular 600 film packs into the camera and having to use an external ND filter. The new film packs have the ND filter encased, so it's seamless to use.

Most reactions

Back