SX-70 - found an OLD one!

Ah phooey. I hate Santa. He never existed anyway.

I got Christmas socks and underwear with reindeers....along with a decent bottle of port. Can't complain too much still. Will have to get the SX70 myself.

Jamie R said:
Ah phooey. I hate Santa. He never existed anyway.

I got Christmas socks and underwear with reindeers....along with a decent bottle of port. Can't complain too much still. Will have to get the SX70 myself.

Never complain about receiving wine, Jamie. If you can't have photography goodies, at leat you can stare moodily into a good glass of port. :wink:

Besides, it's more fun to go ebaying and pick out the one(s) you want. Time Zero is reasonably priced at B&H. So g'wan!

Cheers! <clink>

hobbes28 said:
If only the daylabs would show up on eBay. :D

They're really not out there...? :scratch: That blows my mind. Just goes to show you how attached people become to them, I guess. :p

hobbes28 said:
Hertz van Rental said:
I got two SX-70's gathering dust. Our Polaroid film was 'adjusted' so you couldn't manipulate it (early 80's)
Used to be able to get the old stuff in France with a great deal of effort - but if I can get some from the US: WooHooo!

Two, huh?? You know there is someone here that would like to get into SX-70 manipulation that happens to be sitting next to me if you were wanting to get rid of one. ;)

Got about 6 Polaroid camera's last count (not including the 5x4 s/s back). I collect cameras - got around 10 Box Brownies including the first flash version, and a bunch of other interesting ones. They all work too.
Hmmm. Now just what could we trade? :eyebrows:

hobbes28 said:
Hertz van Rental said:
hobbes28 said:
I have some signed polaroid manipulations from this famous artist that I've heard are worth a lot ;)

:LOL: Now I wonder who that could possibly be......

:roll: I don't know. :oops: but I've heard he's a really nice guy. :D

I heard that too - so it must be true :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Terri - you're right - these things are really cheap!

Any particular Daylabs you recommend too? If there's any particular lens on an old land camera which you'd recommend, I'm more than open to considering it. Time Zero film seems to float around on Ebay although I wonder how useful it is, if the gunky chemicals are all solidified. Maybe a Spectra with type 600 is the way forward??

I use a Daylab 35+ and I have the standard 3x4 base, the 4x5 base (with the 545i film carrier) and the SX-70 base. When I'm headed anywhere for a shoot I make sure I have lots of yummy Fuji slide film because I know I can do virtually anything with it when I get home. It's not a cheap way to go by any means, but once you've laid out the cash and you have the system, it does seem relatively inexpensive because slide film is so cheap. It's still the Polaroid film that will get ya in the end, of course. :wink:

And I *think* the 600 series cameras are easily modified to accept Time Zero. As long as they accept square format, I *think* those are the ones that can be tricked by flattening a little lever with a piece of cardboard (or dark slide from Time Zero film) and the pack will go in. I've never done it so I always forget which cams will do that. :crazy: Easily investigated, though.

I've never bought Time Zero (or any film) off eBay. Just my inherently suspicious nature, I guess. :p

That's really helpful Terri. I've got a good idea of what to hunt out now. One worry about using the 545i is that the size and bulk of the Polaroid suddenly jumps to being a little unwieldy. I quite like the square format too...pretty cool - who'd have thought the little Polaroid kept that square format alive and kicking ;)

Ok - I'm probably best not to get Time Zero off Ebay. My own fridge has got Polacolors from 6 months ago. Usually I run out by winter, but all summer, the 2 for 1 offer was running so I overstocked. There must be a pocket snap camera that can fit a 545i. without being noticed! That way it can be wielded for quick snaps too. :)

Thanks Jamie, glad to be of some help. Whatever you end up getting, post it here so we can see, ok? :D I love all things Polaroid (except the price tags!) and especially groove on seeing other people's work.

My fridge is bare of Polaroid film at present.....one little pack of Time Zero left, but all my sheet film is gone (sniff). I'm getting twitchy to go shopping, myself! :wink:

Most reactions

Back