Sydney IR collection

Wow, all of your photos that I have seen are absolutely amazing! I have been messing around with IR and have yet to produce a photo that I would deem acceptable. So far I have only been in my front yard which isn't that spectacular to start with. I do love the effect it gives to my car, it looks like it is pimped out with tinted windows and clear tail lights:lol: A girl can dream right?

Maybe tomorrow I can get out and give a try to some more IR, these are quite motivating for me.

MommyOf4Boys said:
These are super. I also have the D50 with the R72, but my IR shots are nowhere near this nice. Although, I have only tried once or twice with my IR filter. I need to learn how to do the preset white balance. I do my additional white balance correction in RawShooter, which is really nice! What lens do you find most acceptable in your IR photos? I have read that using 50mm 1.8 is a good one to use. I think I will try my next IR with my 50mm lens. Do you set your white balance to Preset by using a white piece of paper?

Most of the time, i used the nikon 12-24 for taking my IR photos, and i love the wide angle very much. And regarding the preset white balance, i just put the IR filter on and point it to the grass and set. :blushing:

Most reactions

Back