syringe - some might think it disgusting

Actually, that syringe was used to apply the "blood" for some experimental shots on a lightbox. Then I suddenly thought, hmm, why not take a picture of the syringe itself.
My Goodness man, save this kind of work for winter, when the weather sucks. Get out of the house!

:razz:

It does make me shiver a bit, since I do not like needles AT ALL, but otherwise it's definitely a 'lovely' shot, and the dof is spot on. :thumbup: ;)

Thanks all!

I'm not sure i like it either, for the same reasons as yourself, but as for composition, exposure, dof etc. i think its spot on.

as for the "blood" i think it needs to be much less diluted to have a stronger effect, it looks like you cut food colouring and water? maybe try straight food colouring. maybe something thicker?

JC

I agree, to make it look more like standard blood, it should be darker. Now it looks more like what you get when a bullet pierced your lung (blood loaded with oxygen, sorry, my military past coming through ;) ).

But anyway, it was never meant to have a blood look. My original plan was to create something shiny, less liquid and rather transparent, but I failed. It is much less liquid than water, but not as thick as I wanted it yet. And it was not meant to be used in this sort of image, just since I had that red liquid, I gave it a try.

shorty6049 said:
you were using a hypodermic needle to apply drops of liquid to your light box?? strange, but ok, lol, i like the shot, but i agree that it looks a bit too diluted, in the syringe it looks good, but on the light box, it just seems too thin.. although i dont know what blood looks like on a light box

I only added the needle after I took a few shots without the needle ;)

A problem is certainly the back light regarding the diluteness.

DSLR noob said:
how else was he supposed to get it out of his arm? :sexywink:

Shhh, do not tell anyone ;)

Iron Flatline said:
My Goodness man, save this kind of work for winter, when the weather sucks. Get out of the house!

You know, these days it is just pouring down ;) .. But you are right, sometimes I miss good outdoor opportunities because I do someting indoors.. ok, tomorrow I will take my lightbox out to the forest :lmao:

dispic1 said:
where is the picture??

Som,etimes I hate my server :( a reload might help!

cherrymoose said:
It does make me shiver a bit, since I do not like needles AT ALL, but otherwise it's definitely a 'lovely' shot, and the dof is spot on.

I do not like them either... that is why I put it in ;) .. well, first one to call it lovely ;)

sayambhu said:
thats very well done indeed, very unusual kind of photograph !

We all had them in my high school. The administration would have had a fit, if there was ever a search, but they made super squirt guns when the teacher's back was turned. :lol::lol::lol:

skieur

Well then, don´t watch this [ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qpU6BWWwke0[/ame]

at least it seems to inspire :) .. I hope not inspire for anything bad! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back