Tabitha- First Senior Portrait CC please

I'm practicing with the technique that Elsapet described.. backward flash thingy. .. I'm working my butt off and will take your points and re-work.. April..

Cool. I have only done one little kid shoot there and it was with a little girl I babysit for because I think the $50 fee they ask for is ridiculous. (Her family has a pass and I just pretended I wasn't a professional so I didn't have to pay). Especially since there are better places out there. I think the worst part about shooting there is that there's just not a ton of open shade in case it's really bright and sunny out (which it almost ALWAYS is here in Denver). But, at the same time, I live really close to there so it sucks that I don't have it in my arsenal of places to go to.
Have you heard of Hudson Gardens? It's much cheaper and I actually think it's just as pretty if not prettier than the botanic gardens. The website is www.hudsongardens.org It's down in Littleton just off of Santa Fe and Bowles.
Anyway, I am always on the lookout for awesome places to take clients so I thought I would share one particular one that I really like:)

Cool. I have only done one little kid shoot there and it was with a little girl I babysit for because I think the $50 fee they ask for is ridiculous. (Her family has a pass and I just pretended I wasn't a professional so I didn't have to pay). Especially since there are better places out there. I think the worst part about shooting there is that there's just not a ton of open shade in case it's really bright and sunny out (which it almost ALWAYS is here in Denver). But, at the same time, I live really close to there so it sucks that I don't have it in my arsenal of places to go to.
Have you heard of Hudson Gardens? It's much cheaper and I actually think it's just as pretty if not prettier than the botanic gardens. The website is www.hudsongardens.org It's down in Littleton just off of Santa Fe and Bowles.
Anyway, I am always on the lookout for awesome places to take clients so I thought I would share one particular one that I really like:)

Very cool. I have been to Hudson Gardens,, I love it there. Across the street from my house there is an awesome trail (cherry creek trail) and it has shady trees very cool place. There is also a place off of Lincoln and Oswego. Its a little park with a creek , bridge shady trees rocks. Very cool elements!! I thought I share that with you to . :)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! If I ever find other cool places, I'll definitely let you know. And please feel free to share with me if you find any others:)

And, yeah, Cindy has been awesome with sharing some pp ideas. I have been playing around with some more of her type of techniques as well. Maybe I'll post some soon;)

Awesome! Thanks for sharing! If I ever find other cool places, I'll definitely let you know. And please feel free to share with me if you find any others:)

And, yeah, Cindy has been awesome with sharing some pp ideas. I have been playing around with some more of her type of techniques as well. Maybe I'll post some soon;)

Hey April.. If you have time can you help me with the first one? Liquafying her arm? Can you show me how you did it also? Dont mean to be a pain but your critique was very cool!

I love them all. I only see one issue and that the girls arm is blown out in #1 but the rest look really good. I'm a huge fan of unique editing and selective coloring.

The girl has a very pretty face and really nice blue eyes, do you have any shots where the image is treated in a more traditional manner or does your vlient not want any of those.

Hi Zendianah,
Sorry I didn't end up with any time last night. But I did a really quick go at it today. I just took it into PS and used the liquify tool. You have the option to pick your brush size (I used a pretty big one, (61), and lowered the brush density down to 26, and the brush pressure down to 29 so that it wouldn't move anything too much...and just moved her arm into a smaller size. Nothing too crazy & obvious that you PS'd, but enough to make her look good:)
And, for good measure, I thought I'd see what it looked like if we got rid of the bright background. I just did a really quick and dirty job of this though.
Tabitha-1.jpg

i like it !! I played with the liquify tool on this one .. and it came out like crap. I have the scott kelby cs2 book and I will play around with it. I like what you did. Can I PM you when Im done to see what you think. I also like what you did to the window.

Definitely! I'm glad you liked getting rid of the background, I think it draws you over to her so much more:) And the liquify tool is pretty fun to use once you practice with it. The problem is that if you don't move stuff in a photo in small movements, it'll end up looking kind of crazy and fake. Play around with it!

Definitely! I'm glad you liked getting rid of the background, I think it draws you over to her so much more:) And the liquify tool is pretty fun to use once you practice with it. The problem is that if you don't move stuff in a photo in small movements, it'll end up looking kind of crazy and fake. Play around with it!

thats what Im talking about !! it looked crazy and fake. Ok.. I'll try it after Im done with these other shots. She has such pasty skin.. She is a beautiful girl..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back