Tablet as a monitor?

Exco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Will any of the Ipads or Galaxy work as a monitor for a T3i?
If so what all would I need to purchase to make it work? cables, apps etc.
Also if it does work how would the resolution be?

What do you mean by monitor? Are you wanting to just view images or actually control the camera via the iPad.

Live view or Control the camera via Ipad or Samsung ect

I don't know about android tablets as I have never used them. But iPads I know plenty about. There is not going to be a cheep option for the iPad as iOS will not let you tether via wire (transfer of already taken photos only). The CamRanger offers what you want http://www.camranger.com

If all you want is to wirelessly transfer photos you you are taking a eyefi card is a cheep simple solution.

DSLR Controller :: Home for Android tablets is the best USB tethered solution out there, in my view.

If you don't mind lugging your computer around, you can also do it with an iPad, the Canon EOS Utility CD and AirDisplay, as seen here:

Modern cameras like the Panasonic G6 have built-in wi-fi and the ability to connect with your tablet wirelessly.

No more cables and no more carrying a laptop around. Maybe it's time to trade the venerable T3i in for a newer model. :)

Good luck!

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I know for a fact that the Galaxy tablets do, and for a 1/4 of the price of an ipad.

Awesome thanks for all the replies

Last edited:
Ordered afew cables going to try this out first with my Galaxy S4 and see how I like it. The resolution on the S4 is amazing for a phone and the 5" screen isn't bad either. If this works out I may end up getting a high end tablet.

DSLR Controller by Chainfire, works perfectly with my Samsung galaxy tab 3 10.1 and Canon 600d / T3i. It also works fine with the daughters Samsung galaxy tab 2 7 and my Samsung galaxy S3. All you need is a 'on the go' cable and the App.
Note : Not all Android tabs are compatible with on the go cables! :D

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk 4

Most reactions

Back