Tablet Convertible Notebooks.

sunnysixteen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone has or has used one of the convertible tablet notebooks for Photoshop or photography in general. It seems like it could make Photoshop worlds easier than using the mouse, but I'd like to get the opinion of someone who's actually used it, or knows more about it than I do.
If someone has a review of another laptop that's relatively inexpensive and works well for photography, please let me know. I'm in dire need of a new computer.

Many thanks!
-audrey lynn.

Also, this is my first post:
Hello!

Audrey, welcome. To answer your question, I've not used one of the tablet-type laptops simply because those that I have looked at for that express purposed have not impressed me with their build-quality and/or price vs. features. For the price of a good quality, well-built tablet-style laptop with decent power, you can buy a really good laptop, with LOTS more power and storage and a good WACOM 6x9 tablet.

I do use a conventional Wacom Graphire tablet and it is excellent for editing, especially for things like complex cloning and selection.

As far as doing your editing on a laptop, because I travel extensively, I do 90% of my work on a laptop; basically any machine with 2Gb of RAM, a dual-core CPU and big hard drive will be fine. I'd also look for at least a 128Mb video card, and a 15.4" screen.

Indeed I also use a Wacom Graphire tablet and a pen is invaluable when doing work like that.

Tablet PCs however are a bit of an iffy thing. They seem to drift in and out of vogue, and while they were popular last year they were still way too expensive. A better investment would be a Wacom tablet and spend the spare money on a very very nice screen that will actually give you reasonably good colours.

Laptop screens are in my opinion the worst possible thing to use for editing. Also I've gotten so comfortable with my tablet that these days I totally forgo the mouse.

That definitely helps me out.
Thanks so much!

Most reactions

Back