tablet pc

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Andrea K, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

Just curious, does anyone have one/used one? I'm curious about your opinions on them. I'm looking at getting one when i get a new laptop when I go off to college next year, and I'm just wondering how effective and accurate the screen is. Within the week I will be purchasing Corel Painter IX and I'm curious to know if anyone uses a tablet pc with this program and how well they think it works. Thanks in advance, Andrea

2. clarinetJWD

clarinetJWD The Naked Spammer Staff Member

Andrea? I always thought you spelled it with a g! :lol: :lol:

OK, seriously, I don't know a whole lot about the tablets, but they seem to be doing pretty well, so I can't see them being too bad...

3. JohnMF

JohnMF TPF Noob!

I have the Wacom Volito (sp) which is the cheapest in the range i think. Its only about A6 size but it works fine and is good fun to use.

I think someone posted some work they had done in the creative corner of the forum, using a wacom and Painter IX. They look good

4. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I also use a Wacom, but with P-Shop. All together, we have three, on separate systems. I can't compute without them, they are great. I also am looking at a new laptop in the next year, so it will most likely be a tablet PC. They look like fun!

5. 'Daniel'

'Daniel' TPF Noob!

You ae all talkiing about drawing tablets

I have a Wacom but it's broken (very unsensitive). For A time I was getting into digital painitng and was going to get a new one but I changed interests and so didn't. Wacom are the best. But thats not a Tablet PC.

Tablet PCs are like this:

[​IMG]

Essentially a computer and screen in one that can be used independantly or with keyboard mouse etc if put in stand or even without.

6. Andrea K

Andrea K TPF Noob!

Yes, I was actually talking about the actual computer, where the screen is a tablet. My mom has a Wacom tablet that she really likes, but as I'm going off to school in a few months I think it would be easier if I just got the pc.