Tablet recommendation

cdryden

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am in the market for a tablet to use while in the field to preview my RAW files. I would like it to stay under $200.00 if possible. Anyone out there doing this sort of thing?

At that price point, I would consider looking at a Nexus 7, although it seems Camera and accessory manufacturers are primarily concerned with developing for iOS. If you wanted to explore Apple's offerings, I would suggest checking out an iPad mini.

Both of these tablets have relatively accurate color representation which is pretty huge if you're going to be using this in the field.

I am in the market for a tablet to use while in the field to preview my RAW files. I would like it to stay under $200.00 if possible. Anyone out there doing this sort of thing?

Tablets are only going to show you the imbedded jpeg preview they won't show you the actual raw file.

I'm betting some raw capability will be coming to tablets soon, but you will need a much more capable tablet then you will be able to get for $200. When raw capable apps do come out most likely they will require the 64bit processors that Apple has started to put in their tablets.

Last edited:
I have an ipad 5 that I use with something called a camranger. It allows me to tether my shots while in the field. I find it handy to show clients their pics as we go. But as the others said it is jpeg not raw that you are looking at.

Thank you everyone for your input, it's been a big help.

I recently purchased a refurbed samsung note 8 from amazon for $150. Havent used it much for photography yet, but i love the device. Its been great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back