Taboo?

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Just_Brian81, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Just_Brian81

Just_Brian81 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    So I went to the small cemetary in town here and snapped some pictures today. Is taking pictures at a cemetary concidered taboo? Oh well, whats done is done. C&C please. I'm not big into photoshop other than crops, so tell me what you think might need to change as far as the camera goes. I dont want to have to Photoshop out flaws, I want to be able to take pictures without flaws if that makes sence.
    Thanks-

1[​IMG]

2.[​IMG]

3.[​IMG]

4. [​IMG]

5. ( my personal favorite ) [​IMG]

2. Just_Brian81

Just_Brian81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    oops, I Know part of #2 got cut out. I didnt notice it when i was still out there taking pictures. maybe next time>:er:

3. leila

leila TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    i like your composition. if it's taboo then i'm in trouble too... i've taken some as well. i really like #2

4. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't consider it taboo. I really enjoy going to old cemetery's and shooting the old stones. There is a member here called Chiller that has taken cemetery imagery to an art form.

5. spiffybeth

spiffybeth TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    ive shot in cemeteries too.

the first picture is tilted and the monument is bright. too bright for my eyes but that may be my monitor...

i think 4 is your most interesting picture. i find it pleasing that the trees are mostly all leaning to the right while the gravestone is leaning to the left. it gives me an odd sense of balance that i really enjoy.

6. logan9967

logan9967 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    i hope you were trying to make the pictures tilted for two reasons. 1.) they are all tilted. and 2.) i really like them tilted :D adds a cool and unusual style
    and i have taken some in a cementary too :O i hope it's not disrespectful or anything

7. Just_Brian81

Just_Brian81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

8. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cemeteries are being considered a perfect area to do some practising ... at least this is so where I live. The older the cemetery, the better. So no taboo.

I can't help it but the gravestone in Photo 2 makes me think of a vodka bottle :oops: "Lydia" vodka ... :blulsh2:

Exposure looks like it wasn't easy in the light you had, maybe go at a later hour with less harsh light?

9. SteveEllis

SteveEllis TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think number 1 is over exposed.

Whether you chopped No2 by accident or not I really like the way the stone enters the frame.

No5 also catches my interest.

10. Just_Brian81

Just_Brian81 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

It was super bright out, and the sun was directly behind me on #1. I really didnt plan on taking any pictures on sunday, but i passed the cemetary on my way to my parents house. after I got done visiting over there it was already way too dark... or way too dark to be going in a cemetary thats for sure!!! :lmao:

ok, here is what the camera was set on for #1. Tell me please what i should have been set on !

1/640 tv, 10av, 200 iso, and 23mm focal length.

Like I said before, I'm super new at all these gizmos and options on my camera. I usualy just push a bunch of buttons and change stuff around until it looks ok. There is really no method to my madness if you will.

Thanks For the advice!