Tai Chi Awareness Day...

mad_malteaser

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
just a couple of weeks ago. My friends who are heavily into it invited me along to get some pictures. This was one of my better efforts.

TaiChi.jpg

Maybe it's just me, but I always find these photo's really difficult. They end up looking strange and unwieldy. Or is that just me?

Not really. There is a Taiwanese sculptor who made a series of sculptures based on Tai Chi, won him lots of fame. If he can capture the essence with sculpture, surely you can do it with photography too.

BTW they look like they are doing some slow motion action in Matrix:)

maybe if you tried to focus on one person instead of the group. Especially if you got their shadow...
Peter

I agree, you should only focus on person and catch the moment when he is so into it.

Wow I do not envey you trying to get a good picture of a group at that location :(

Could you not ask them to practise Tia Chi at a park or some where at your request?

Damn tough shot!

Quote: Actually, a tthe risk of getting off-topic, I was laughing right at tai chi; what a waste of time...

That's why I said ????

Seems rude to laugh at the subject of someone's posting.

hey machine....

dont offer anything at all if the critique isnt constructive. your comment is offensive.

ADMINISTRATION

I take no offense. People are fully entitled to their opinions. However, I certainly wouldn't say it's a waste of time. Especially not for my friend who up until a year ago could barely walk with the arthritis that plagued her body, and since starting tai chi has regained the full use of her legs, if not more than the average healthy thirty year old female, and she's 56!

Not to jump on the band wagon, but this is also the photos for fun forum, if you dont have anything nice to say I wouldnt say anything.

I like your photo, its a great attempt at capturing something thats hard to capture. I dont envy you and the situation tho ;)

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the photograph. I will give it another try when the opportunity presents itself...

What is up with these ignorant newbies lately?

Machine May please take your ignorance somewhere else. You obviously don't know a thing about Ta'i Ch'i Chuan so keep your trap shut. If there is one thing that doesn't fly on this forum, it's intolerance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back