Take a kid to work day

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my 15yr old grandson to work with me yesterday. Wasn't much to do so we decided to have a little picnic and do some exploring afterwards.
780-c0766w.jpg

We ended up staying out until just after the sun set before hiking the 2-3 miles or so through the brush back to the Jeep. I shredded my arms on the scratchy scrub oak brush. The kid, just as we climbed out of the narrow canyon and as it was getting dark noticed he had lost his cell phone.

We went back this morning and hiked another 2-3 miles looking for the stupid thing. Never found it. But finding the arch the night before- We both agreed it was way-more cool than the phone, and looking for the phone was a great excuse to come back and check out the arch again.

Cut my arm to ribbons again. If it were any worse we'd have to go back and look for it. Good excuse to go back to the arch.

BTW- The arch is about 6' high clear and 15' clear span.

I like it a lot. The diagonal lines are terrific, the colors ring true and are very nice.

Your grandson will forget the phone but he'll remember the day for the rest of his life.

I like it a lot. The diagonal lines are terrific, the colors ring true and are very nice.

Your grandson will forget the phone but he'll remember the day for the rest of his life.

Thanks. All my grandkids seem to enjoy going shooting with me. There's usually hiking involved with either a nature tour or historical information that goes with each location.

My grand-daughter (17) wants to hone her 4-wheel driving skills. I'm thinking there's a road like that up to a cool mountain stream :).

All my grandkids remind me of places we've been that I just totally forgot about. That's cool.

Most reactions

Back