Take no prisoners

Benjo255

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
TakeNoPrisonersFB.jpg

Sorry for misunderstanding your question Gary.
It's been shot with Fuji XE-2 with Fuji 35mm f/1.4 with the fuji MCEX-16 (a 16mm macro extender) and a remote shutter release.
EXIF: 0,7 sec, F/5.6, ISO 200.
This is a processed raw (not SOOC jpg).

I was looking for some insects to test the MCEX-16 (arrived just one hour before), but it was afternoon and they were all too active to be shot. With the extender you have very short work distance and it was difficult not to alert the insects. So I was wondering what to shoot and when I saw a spider web on my house garden gate (I live in a condominium). I looked closer and in a hole (half thumb size) I found the scene of the image. I loved the drama of the dead insects under the menacing spider. I run in my apartment and took the tripod. The scene was so close to the lens that the hood was pushing against the gate, but the spider wasn't alerted. So I took some shots. That was my favourite one. I apreciate you liked it.

That is a really nice! You should keep an eye on that spider, and get some more photos! :)

I checked yesterday. He (or problably SHE) is still there, just in a different position. But I'm afraid we won't be able to change the situation (there's always a spider in its nest with the preys under). But the garden of the condominium is promising. ;)
Thank you for feedback!

I know the bigger spiders of each species tend to be female, I was only referencing the film It.

Most reactions

Back