Take off!

rmr1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Shot these with a Sony A 350 5.6 300 mm 1/500 sec metering set to pattern and about 150 yards away it was a very overcast day,
If I would have shot these in the raw setting would I have been able to sharpen them up a bit , I have shot some in raw an my camera is slow on the burst so I dont use it much, would appreciate any input,
I watch geese alot and kind of figured out about when they are ready to launch

12-20-08067.jpg

12-20-08068.jpg

12-20-08070.jpg

12-20-08071.jpg

12-20-08072.jpg

I have the same camera and lens, and though they are wonderful shots they are under exposed.... at least that's how it looks from here..... as for sharpening I will leave that to the experts but from what I've learned..... faster shutter = sharper action shots.

I would just assume (but keep in mind that I'm only assuming here) that at the full 300mm zoom and that low light you had, the lens just no longer is in the range of its best performance. Full zoom often puts lenses to and beyond their limits of capturing really sharp photos (unless they are in a price range you supposedly didn't go for - nor have I ever done that, for I simply cannot afford it).

It is this kind of wildlife photography where the equipment you use DOES begin to matter a lot. It is no longer about exposing and composing right, here other aspects come into play, and you see that you had to "pay" for your use of a long lens by getting not quite as sharp photos as you had hoped for.

LaFoto, you are right shot at 300mm and it is a not very expensive lens,
Im not sure I want to spend the money on a better one, Im just having fun taking pictures, not making a living at it, thanks for your input,

Xtort 400

Most reactions

New Topics

Back