Take that Camera Everywhere!

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
You never know when something is gonna happen. One day while still working my day job, a coworker ran in and told me that a chemical plant exploded a short ways from my office. Luckily my then boss was very understanding and I grabbed my camera and left:
Copyright Cindy Crabb & David Bailey/OnlineNewsPhotos for Industrial Fire World Mag:

IFW20092005_Page_3_72dpi.jpg

IFW20092005_Page_5_72dpi.jpg
IFW20092005_Page_4_72dpi.jpg

craig said:
Whoa! Did you get the center spread (double truck)? Any way dramatic photos!

Yep, the whole shabang! I was stoked of course although prolly only five people on the planet read this particular magazine....:lmao:
It was surreal. Upon each explosion, I could feel and smell my hair literally melt.
They didn't tell us until later that this chemical plant was medical. You wouldn't believe the stuff that was being mixed by the explosions. I was pretty sick for a few days afterwards. I had the worst headache of my life for two straight days.
Thanks for the kind words!!!!!!!

Ah yes. Small price to pay to have the photos published. That's a little morbid, but you get my drift. Personally I was promised a double truck once. Never got it. The details of that battle are better left unsaid.

wow - :thumbsup:

HOLY COW!!! That is unreal!!

Congrats on being published in the mag! That's excellent. Must've been amazing to be there.

very awesome cindy!:hail:
amazing captures.. and well published :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back