Taking a lot of photos lately and running out of room!

page_tyson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just started the whole photography thing a few months ago and I'm taking too many pictures to store on my mac. What's the best way to store pictures? I've thought about burning them all on cds and keeping them in cd cases. Is there a better way to do it?

External hard drives are your best bet-- gigabyte for gigabyte they are cheaper and more usable than DVD/CDs

^ +1

price wise they're not tooo bad, and if you wait til black friday you can get a terabyte pretty cheap

Don't ever burn all those pictures on DVD's or Blu-Ray Discs or anything like that. These guys are right, a big external hard drive is the way to go.

You can get a 1TB internal drive for about $80-expensive (lol). Buy an external enclosure for 10-15, and you have a TB external for 100 bucks.

i just bought a 500 gig external hard-drive (the travel kind) for a total of 140, with a 2 year warranty. works great for holding all my photos!

Dont forget to have a copy in at least 2 places, one should be remotely located.

You also need to send them into orbit. You know, just in case!

Don't ever burn all those pictures on DVD's or Blu-Ray Discs or anything like that. These guys are right, a big external hard drive is the way to go.

LOL, are you serious?

wait untill your external drive fail and then you got 1tb of data to recover.
you failed

LOL, are you serious?

wait untill your external drive fail and then you got 1tb of data to recover.
you failed

Discs can fail as well. It's best to have multiple copies or else you're not truly making a back up and just creating storage.

Most reactions

Back