Taking a moment ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running with scissors is a good idea. Thank you for suggesting it. :thumbup:

Not meaning to make a mockery of a mockery I'd like to thank you for thanking me.

Now I'm wondering how many nested quotes there can be?

Anyone?

Is there a way to click "no thank you"? Because this thread is so stupid I want to click that on you 1000 times.

Thank you for contributing to a thread that you don't like. :thumbup:

Is there a way to click "no thank you"? Because this thread is so stupid I want to click that on you 1000 times.

That would make it a rep system.

Thank you- You complete me.

...Think abou it. How many unthanked posts have you seen just this week alone?
I don't think a single post. I think you and Hobbes have managed to browse through the forum and thank every single post since the beginning of time.

Meaningless thanks mean nothing.

The forum took a turn from maturity to childish with this feature implemented.

I knew the moment I saw it that it would turn ridiculous. We had a very similar rep system on here before, and it turned into a big popularity contest, and it felt like Jr. High. This 'thanks' system is no better. Who cares if Abraxas is thanking everyone. It was a stupid, pointless feature to begin with. Might as well let someone get thier kicks out of it.

Ironically I had to thank you for saying this. I think the "rep points" and thank yous are a bit stupid and are another way of screaming "oh my god somebody likes me" like a schoolgirl.

I don't think a single post. I think you and Hobbes have managed to browse through the forum and thank every single post since the beginning of time.

Meaningless thanks mean nothing.

The forum took a turn from maturity to childish with this feature implemented.

I knew the moment I saw it that it would turn ridiculous. We had a very similar rep system on here before, and it turned into a big popularity contest, and it felt like Jr. High. This 'thanks' system is no better. Who cares if Abraxas is thanking everyone. It was a stupid, pointless feature to begin with. Might as well let someone get thier kicks out of it.

Ironically I had to thank you for saying this. I think the "rep points" and thank yous are a bit stupid and are another way of screaming "oh my god somebody likes me" like a schoolgirl.

+1

omfg you people have issues... :lol:

The above are just a couple examples of those who could use a few thank yous ...

:biglaugh:

Actually, from the very first I've agreed with Corry and the general consensus, reps and "thanks" are asinine and a waste. Now that I've experienced the system through my satirical excercise (how easy it is to make it into a "popularity contest"), I can safely say I still feel that they are still asinine and a waste. It wouldn't bug me in the slightest if the feature were removed. What's cracking me up is that doing a little screwing around with something so superficial and empty and having some fun bothers some so much. That in itself, makes it wholly worthwhile.

+1

Hey, what are the chances of a "+1" button?

and sadly enough, I'll have to thank you manually :)

Thank you!

+1

Thank you!

I believe the thanks button is a +1 button, since it adds one to the current thank totals. I only wish we could thank someone more than once per post.

+1

Thank you!
It's called the "I Agree" button. We had it on another forum because there were just too many posts of "+1" in the suggestion section (it is an ongoing developing game forum, or racing simulator to be more exact.)

Same thing happened, after every post, there were little boxes everywhere with "username agrees with the post above" and made the forum a good bit more of a mess than people just posting a "+1" post.

Okay, I've just noticed this "Thanked X Times in Y Posts" feature.

Firstly, thank you abraxas for bringing this to my attention by starting this thread.

Secondly, I've been thanked 3 times. The quandry for me now is, how do I find who has thanked me and in which threads. I'd like to reply with my new "Piss Off" feature.

Tertiary, in an effort to not be pigeon-holed for sounding like an echo, the feature is asinine and a waste. Perhaps I have an issue with that.

EDIT: I just noticed I got fat also.

About the only useful thing I can see in the "thank-you" button is having some silly fun with it - whats worng with that? Thank you, Thank You, Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back