Taking pics for a malpractice asap

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
[FONT=&quot]A woman who is a friend of my assistant manager had me call her to discuss taking pictures for her lawsuit against a doctor in the city.

Long story short, I did it, as specific as I could to the problem she had.

I thought of a letter to the lawyer would be best to give the right to use the photos, make prints rather, because I'm giving her the files so she can make the best choice of what is best.

So anyhow. Does anyone have any ideas of what should go on this letter or how to word it?

My name and address of course, dates and times of the pictures, the women's name and the fact that I’m giving permission to that lawyer (including her name and address)...all of this in a formal letter? Anything I'm missing?

I'm hoping it leads to something for me to add on to my freelance list. So the best this sounds and looks the better :)

Thanks guys![/FONT]

You want to add pictures of botched surgeries to a freelance list?

lol

A client, or experience list. Like on a resume. Why wouldn't someone? The more experience I can get and list the more jobs I can get.

And yes, making $10 in 10 minutes under the table was worth it.

Now does anyone have an answer? I know it's a long shot. lol

Include a name, identifying data in field of images.
Include at least one millimeter rule for scale.
Try to include color scale, if available
A-6200.shtml

(http://www.crime-scene.com/ecpi/A-6200.shtml
Take the pix in RAW.
Send her the RAW files.
Prints are not good enough.
Court will care about who you are and did you take the pictures.
So she will need a notarized letter stating that you took the pictures, who the subject was, the equipment you used, dates.
Your contract should include rates/expenses if/when you are called to testify or give deposition.

Lew

Thank you a lot for the info! I think that's stuff neither of us thought of. The lawyer hasnt mentioned anything about notarizing or scale and colour. So it'll be interesting to see if it does get mentioned :)!!

lol
A client, or experience list. Like on a resume. Why wouldn't someone? The more experience I can get and list the more jobs I can get.

And yes, making $10 in 10 minutes under the table was worth it.

Now does anyone have an answer? I know it's a long shot. lol

Remember, you are now part of the evidence chain in any legal matter.
Guard the original files, document any alterations, keep them safe.
If she sues and loses, you don't want to be part of the reason she lost.

Thank you a lot for the info! I think that's stuff neither of us thought of. The lawyer hasnt mentioned anything about notarizing or scale and colour. So it'll be interesting to see if it does get mentioned :)!!

Any pictures without supporting documentation can be easily challenged (at least in US courts).

I did forensic work for 8 years and we documented the hell out of everything.

Most reactions

Back