Taking Professional Looking Photos Without a Professional

A nice introduction to basic softboxes. I have seen several similar concepts, but another way to look at the same thing is always appreciated!

That editing technique is a drag. Strong and even enough lighting will preserve the whiteness of the background and prevent you from needing to do any extraction in PS. They make it look deceptively easy/useful by shooting something that can be easily extracted as well. Most things you shoot are not.

That editing technique is a drag. Strong and even enough lighting will preserve the whiteness of the background and prevent you from needing to do any extraction in PS. They make it look deceptively easy/useful by shooting something that can be easily extracted as well. Most things you shoot are not.

Exactly my thoughts. Getting it right in camera saves all this post processing.

I have no problem with showing how to use PS, I just wish the person had concentrated on teaching people how to actually light the object and background, which is far more important than PS techniques.

After all, the article is titled "TAKING" photos, not "PHOTOSHOPING" photos.

Exactly my thoughts. Getting it right in camera saves all this post processing.

I have no problem with showing how to use PS, I just wish the person had concentrated on teaching people how to actually light the object and background, which is far more important than PS techniques.

After all, the article is titled "TAKING" photos, not "PHOTOSHOPING" photos.

It just presents an alternative if for the time being, you weren't able to produce such professional looking photos, but of course it's really great & practical for any photographer to have these kind of shots out of the box.:D

Most reactions

Back