Talk me out of this

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Blake.Oney, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Blake.Oney

Blake.Oney TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Seriously, though. I love my Nikon, but I am on a serious budget pretty much all the time. I'm really considering moving to Sony so I can get those sweet cheap Konica/Minolta lenses. I have heard a couple people talk about flashes being hard to fit on them, and for anyone that knows, I would like to know if there is any major differences that I would hate. Also, are the Minolta lenses good? I just almost can't resist the 50mm 1.7 for $75. And the 100-300 for $110. Any help would be awesome here.

2. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

When something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

I'm sure you can't expect the same quality results. But will it be quality enough to satisfy you?

-Pete

3. Derrel

Derrel Mr. Rain Cloud

Photos OK to edit
    Step away from the Sony ledge Blake...step away from the ledge!!!!!

The "cheap" Minolta lenses have long since dried up...the better A-mount lenses now command absolutely ridiculous prices on eBay...Mike Johnston wanted a 35mm Minolta lens...last month he payed an ungodly sum for what used to be a $250 lens...

Your D3000 will allow you to slap almost any Nikon lens ever made onto the body...

4. Blake.Oney

Blake.Oney TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Haha thanks for that. I've noticed that a lot of the older Nikon lenses will work for it and they're not real expensive, but they won't have auto focus. Now I don't need auto focus in most situations and I would be fine without it. But I do have a problem with the not having it on the Nikon 50mm 1.8 because I would use that for things like weddings and child photos. And I am admittedly not fast enough with manual focus to get the "moments" fast enough like I could with auto focus. I may go ahead and buy it anyway, though because I am putting some of my shoot money back to save for the D90.

5. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Photos OK to edit
    Have a look @ Panasonic G1 or the newer G2 if you want to use old glass. Any make of old film camera lenses can be fitted with inexpensive adapters.