Talk to me about how this image was shot.

DaveAndHolly219

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine took this shot and I fell head over heels in love with it as soon as I saw it. I asked her "I love that. How'd you take it"?

The only answer I could drag out of her was that it was shot in manual and that she didn't want to blow out the highlights.

Can anyone, by looking at this shot, shed some insight onto the possible process(es) that would/could lead to this shot turning out the way it did?

View attachment 138938

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
CAMERA. Tripod.Pacific coastal highway, no passing zone, dual white foglines. Image processed in Lightroom or PS. Contrast is low,lsaturation is somewhat low as well.

The only answer I could drag out of her was that it was shot in manual and that she didn't want to blow out the highlights.

Sounds like you have your answer. What more do you want?

Can anyone, by looking at this shot, shed some insight onto the possible process(es) that would/could lead to this shot turning out the way it did?

There is no trick or magic. Its just a well exposed well composed image. The biggest thing she did was put herself in a place with really nice light.

FYI you are NOT allowed to post images that are not yours on the forum. You should remove it and post a link to where your friend posted it online.

High ISO or noise/grain added in post. Possibly a reverse S-curve in post

Sounds like you have your answer. What more do you want?

There is no trick or magic. Its just a well exposed well composed image. The biggest thing she did was put herself in a place with really nice light.

FYI you are NOT allowed to post images that are not yours on the forum. You should remove it and post a link to where your friend posted it online.

She posted it on Facebook. Can't seem to share a link to it. Sorry. I'm sure an admin will be along to delete the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way the photo was taken is pretty straight forward.

But it's been post-processed to death.

What is the big deal? Why not tell you what she did? The shot is easily forgettable and easily reproduced

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back