Tamron 150-600 G2 Annoyance

I've been using them for 4 years now... I always keep an extra couple around. I try to leave one in my car for backup.. I wear out the clasps every 4-6 months, but that is with the 500 F4 hanging off of it every day. I also never remember to screw the thingy down..

Been gone a while with family issues..
Got the 200-500 Nikon 15 months ago. Hadn't had much time on it but when I did, I used a tripod because of weight.
Now, I somewhat can get a few handheld. BUT! BUT! I never thought of walking with it bouncing off my hip on a strap.
Doesn't that damage the collar??
I am asking as a newer photog, not doubting anyone....

Been gone a while with family issues..
Got the 200-500 Nikon 15 months ago. Hadn't had much time on it but when I did, I used a tripod because of weight.
Now, I somewhat can get a few handheld. BUT! BUT! I never thought of walking with it bouncing off my hip on a strap.
Doesn't that damage the collar??
I am asking as a newer photog, not doubting anyone....

It shouldn't.. its common practice with 70-200 sized lenses and I've yet to hear of anyone having an issue with it on these lenses.

A handful of us seem to carry them that way and have no issues. The collar is designed as a point that's able to support the entire weight of the camera and lens.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back