Tamron 150-600 G2

Well, ladies and gentlemen It's officially available at Adorama. In stock and ready to ship. Anyone order one? Tamron USA on FB has a goofy un-boxing video..

Well, ladies and gentlemen It's officially available at Adorama. In stock and ready to ship. Anyone order one? Tamron USA on FB has a goofy un-boxing video..
We'd all thought you'd get the first copy of it.

I want something f/4 so I am looking at the Nikon 300mm f/4 E PF ED VR. I won't have the reach I am use to like with the 150-600 but will enjoy the lighter weight especially with my health issues. I think the Tamron and sigma give a lot of bang for the buck and they are sharp with out a doubt with a good copy but to me living in f/8 all the time kinda of sucks especially walking around in dimly light wooded areas.JMHO.

This New Tamron looks good though on paper but still f in and 8 in again.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with this lens - especially with teleconverters attached.

I have the original version that I still occasionally use, but I wouldn't say it's very sharp or that great overall. I have taken some photos I do really like with it, but there's a reason it stays in the bag 99% of the time. I'm mostly a landscape guy (though I do enjoy wildlife if I can find something interesting), and the original version SUCKS at resolving detail at a distance. Granted, I know that it's a ~$1k 600mm lens, but even at 4-500 where I typically shoot, it's not great. Was it amazing for the time that it was first released? Yes, but hopefully this updated version has some big improvements. Tamron has some amazing lenses released recently (the 15-30 is just incredible), so I expect this lens will perform quite well.

The addition of the dock was a smart move for future updates or calibration something sigma did straight away.

I want something f/4 so I am looking at the Nikon 300mm f/4 E PF ED VR. I won't have the reach I am use to like with the 150-600 but will enjoy the lighter weight especially with my health issues. I think the Tamron and sigma give a lot of bang for the buck and they are sharp with out a doubt with a good copy but to me living in f/8 all the time kinda of sucks especially walking around in dimly light wooded areas.JMHO.

This New Tamron looks good though on paper but still f in and 8 in again.

I'd be interested in hearing your experiences with this lens - especially with teleconverters attached.
I actually went with the AF-S 300mm f/4 D IS ED No VR but have not had a chance to use it from right hand injury.Next week hopefully by the weekend. I will make sure I like it before looking for a Nikon TC14 telly.

66475019.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back