Tamron 17-50 2.8 Deal??

Ryan L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking at buying the Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Lens and I am seeing a price difference of 110 bucks less than B&H and thats after a mail in rebate with B&H, which seems quite a bit. 2 questions:

These are the same two lenses, correct? Tamron and all there abbreviations!

Is Tristate Camera a good company (based in NY)

B&H Photo - 579.00 (after 70.00 mail in rebate)
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD AFB005C700 - B&H Photo

TriState Camera - 469.00 Free Shipping (no rebate)
http://www.tristatecamera.com/lookat.php?sku=TAMAF1750VCC*&store=&levels=&sti=920212http://www.tristatecamera.com/lookat.php?sku=TAMAF1750VCC*&store=&levels=&sti=920212

Last edited:
I am looking at buying the Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Lens and I am seeing a price difference of 110 bucks less than B&H and thats after a mail in rebate with B&H, which seems quite a bit. 2 questions:

These are the same two lenses, correct? Tamron and all there abbreviations!

Is Tristate Camera a good company (based in NY)

B&H Photo - 579.00 (after 70.00 mail in rebate)
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm f/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD AFB005C700 - B&H Photo

TriState Camera - 469.00 Free Shipping (no rebate)
Tamron SP AF17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di-II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Canon Mount

I see a price of 649.00 on the tristate site..

anyone? I would like to buy before its gone or changed.

Then do it. All I did was ask my friend google.

Then do it. All I did was ask my friend google.

I was hoping that someone could look and make sure they are the same lens. I see the one at Tristate says macro, but the other doesnt say anything about macro. The reviews I have read don't say anything about macro either.

yea, they market it as a macro.
Mine is labeled that way (only with promaster name, not Tamron, but it's the same lens)

Never used Tri-State but besides Amazon.com B&H is where I do most of my buying from adorama.com after them. So I would trust B&H I have always had top notch service from them on both new and used gear

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hoping you are still subscribed to this thread...how was your experience with Tristate? And how do you like the lens? looking to get the exact same lens and from the same seller... Thanks in advance!:D

Hoping you are still subscribed to this thread...how was your experience with Tristate? And how do you like the lens? looking to get the exact same lens and from the same seller... Thanks in advance!:D

I received it in about 2 days, no problems at all. Packaged well in the retail box, everything went fine. Except I dropped the lens at a wedding a week later, but thats not their fault...

Most reactions

Back