Tamron 17-50 f/2.8?

It is a great lens for what it worth! It stay on my camera most of the time.

Of course, if I have the extra cash, I will go with the L or the EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM.

It's great. Love mine on the 50D. Has proven itself to be as sharp as my 50mm 1.8 II under studio conditions. Only downside is that it doesn't work on the 5D. Is for crop bodies only. :(

It's my standard lens on my 7D (I have the one without image stabilization). I loved it on my 30D and still love it on my 7D.

I have the re-badged version (promaster...it's the same only it was cheaper with less of a warranty...so I took a gamble).

I love that lens. By far the favorite that I have in my bag. Very sharp, quiet, and fast.

I've been using it as my primary wedding lens for a few years now, it's a very capable lens. The new version with VC (Tamron's version of IS, VR etc.) looks very promising as well, but it a bit more expensive.

I don' think, however, that it will be any better than the 16-35mm F2.8 L. It's only advantage being that's it's less than half the price.

The Canon EF-S 17-55mm F2.8 IS, is certainly worth considering. It's a better lens than the Tamron, but it's twice the price (of the non-VC version anyway).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back