Tamron 28-75 f/2.8

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Wow, Tamron. Wherefore art thou a piece of junk? I found one at a pawnshop yesterday for $150. I thought I could talk them down to $125 and steal a lens, but good god, wide open, the lens look like someone with 20/20 vision seeing through bifocals. I had to stop it down to 5.6 before I got acceptable performance from the lens. Was it a bad copy, because it needed major and not fine tuning?

Probably something happened to it to knock it out. I've used and liked that lens before.

i have owned that lens for years. still own it. never had any issues with it, even wide open.
i think its just your copy.

Sounds like something is misaligned, probably been dropped. Getting it fixed would probably cost just as much as you paid for it. If anything you can try the AF fine tune in your camera to see if it helps.

Sounds like something is misaligned, probably been dropped. Getting it fixed would probably cost just as much as you paid for it. If anything you can try the AF fine tune in your camera to see if it helps.
Yep, I love pawn shop diving, but sometimes this happens. Sometimes there's a reason they sold it to a pawnshop and not on eBay.

You buy something a price too good to be true at a pawn shop and then think it is reflective of the manufactures capabilities? Sounds like you wasted your money

I have had 2 copies of that lens and both were awesome, and neither cost <$200

Look at it this way, you are already invested at this lens, you cant sell it as currently its rubish.
Potentially its a good lens so in your shoes I would take it to Tamron to let them check it out and give you a quote to fix it.

Woah woah. I never said I bought it. I mounted the lens at the pawn shop and took it for a spin inside the shop and out and loaded the photos onto my laptop. I'm out gas money, and that's about it.

What can I say? I love too good to be true bargains.

You buy something a price too good to be true at a pawn shop and then think it is reflective of the manufactures capabilities? Sounds like you wasted your money

I have had 2 copies of that lens and both were awesome, and neither cost <$200

And I'm now the proud owner of 1 of those. ^^^^^

No complaints here. There's nothing special about it, but the for the price I paid, it's a good value.

Most reactions

Back