tamron 28-75 f2.8 VS sigma 28-70 f2.8

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i was deciding between the two. a third option was the tamron 17-50 f2.8 but my concern is when i go full frame the lens wont be good for a 5d. now i have decided between the tamron 28-75 and the sigma 28-70. i have a sigma lens now that i hate, but i understand that sigma has some great lenses .... as does tamron. Between these two tho, what do you guys think?

You already have what, 5 threads on the same topic? You can't expect a bunch of responses each time.

Both of these lenses have been discussed in the past. Specially the Tamron 28-75. Its based off of these discussions that I bought one.

Click on the search button, type in "Sigma 28-70" or "Tamron 28-75" and you'll get some hits...like this one http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ery/156064-i-loved-canon-24-70-f-2-8-but.html

You already have what, 5 threads on the same topic? You can't expect a bunch of responses each time.

Both of these lenses have been discussed in the past. Specially the Tamron 28-75. Its based off of these discussions that I bought one.

Click on the search button, type in "Sigma 28-70" or "Tamron 28-75" and you'll get some hits...like this one http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...ery/156064-i-loved-canon-24-70-f-2-8-but.html

why thank you good sir! i will gladly check that thread out. i put in the other thread that i created a new thread for the topic, sorry. how do you like your lens?

I'm really liking it. I paid $550 for it (CAD) compared to $1400 (CAD) for the Canon L. The image quality is great, the lens is light enough. The focusing is slower than I thought it would be, but I had the chance to play with it in store and found it acceptable. I mainly do portraits and people work with this lens, so slower focus isn't a huge issue.

A great purchase that I do not regret at all

I'm really liking it. I paid $550 for it (CAD) compared to $1400 (CAD) for the Canon L. The image quality is great, the lens is light enough. The focusing is slower than I thought it would be, but I had the chance to play with it in store and found it acceptable. I mainly do portraits and people work with this lens, so slower focus isn't a huge issue.

A great purchase that I do not regret at all

kool, my bday is the 23rd and i hope to have it b4 then! do you think i should go weith the tammy version tho? everyone i talk to at stores says the tamron would be their choice, but there is the sigma option also. my friend had a problem with a tamron lens on her 50d giving her a "error 99" message and id hate for that to happen to my 30d or my possible future 5d.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back