Tamron 28-75 on d7100

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Could anyone give me any feedback on the Tammy 28-75 on a d7100 regarding performance and autofocus (if possible could you say whether your version is screw driven or inbuilt motor). I have bought a few tamrons recently with very favorable results so may get this one. Thanks

It's a great lens. Would 28mm be wide enough for you, on DX? I shot the Grand Canyon once, with that lens, on a DX body, and I wanted something more wide.
But the actual lens is great.

Thanks. 28 would be wide enough. I'm basically looking for a fast lens with a little more reach than the usual 17/18 to 50. I find at events etc I'm usually at about 30 but wish I had more zoom than 50. I have an 18-105 as well so sorted for wider day to day

I think you'd love the Tamron. It's a great lens. I hear the original "Non-VC" model is more sharp. That's the version I had. I liked it. No complaints.

I owned both that lens and that camera. it was a great combination.
I still have the 28-75, which mostly stays parked on one of the D600's.
the AF was fast (my lens was screw drive) and after 6 years of use, i still have not had any reason to replace or upgrade it. I continues to be a fantastic lens on my D600. I highly recommend it.
although, I imagine the newer 24-70 f/2.8 VC lens is probably very nice as well.

the AF was fast (my lens was screw drive) and after 6 years of use, i still have not had any reason to replace or upgrade it. I continues to be a fantastic lens on my D600. I highly recommend it.
although, I imagine the newer 24-70 f/2.8 VC lens is probably very nice as well.

Thanks Pixmedic.
I'd say the 24-70 is nice also, but is out of my budget . I think I'd prefer the lighter slightly longer 28-75 for my intended use, though finding a good condition screw driven one is tough enough. The newer one apparently is slower to focus from what I read on des internetz

Thanks Pixmedic.
I'd say the 24-70 is nice also, but is out of my budget . I think I'd prefer the lighter slightly longer 28-75 for my intended use, though finding a good condition screw driven one is tough enough. The newer one apparently is slower to focus front what I read on des internetz

I was unaware that any of the 28-75 models had their own focus motor. I did not think they implemented that feature until the newer 24-70's. either way, the 28-75's are pretty inexpensive, and i consider it and the 17-50 f/2.8 screw drive model (although its DX) to be a really great value.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back