Tamron Adaptall 2 lenses

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have just acquired this lens for pennies, but it gas the Olympus OM adaptor (Tamron Adaptall 2). I was wondering how good this lens was - how it's macro capabilities were. If it's considered a good lens and will be useful to me to operate manually I will buy an adaptall for my Canon 400d (£10 from eBay).
Currently, zoom-wise, I only have the kit lens (18-55mm f3.5) and a basic canon zoom (75-300mm, f4-5.6).

I also have a vivitar 28mm, f2.8 MC Wide Angle. If this is any good, I'll consider an adaptor to use this on my canon, too. However, I do already have a couple of wide(ish) russian style lenses in M42 which I use, so this might not be an advantage. What do you guys think?

Thanks

It's an adequate lens; it will be fully manual on your camera of course, and require stop-down metering. Optically, and build-quality wise, they're good enough, but I would think (and I'm not not a Canon person, so others will know better) that newer, used Canon AF gear, even though more expensive would be a better buy in the long run.

Tamron had some really good Adaptalls in the day... It will certainly be an good lens to use (esp at the price) but zooms have come a long way since the 80s (which was when zooms really started to gain popularity). Adaptall adapters are pretty cheap, so I don't see why not.

I'm still using my Tamron 90mm macro on several bodies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back