Website
www.jbatdesigns.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What is the difference between

Tamron Autofocus 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD

and

Tamron AF70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD

If you were to look at the two you could see the difference. Build quality and image quality are VASTLY different. If you are going to get one, get the 70-300 Di.

There is NO comparison in quality.

If you were to look at the two you could see the difference. Build quality and image quality are VASTLY different. If you are going to get one, get the 70-300 Di.

There is NO comparison in quality.

I believe Sabbath is speaking from experience here. He is the reason I have recommended a few people to take the $135 plunge into a 6-year warranty lens (Tamron 70-300 Di).

Today, I finally got to use the Tamron for myself. WOW. For a $135 piece of equipment, this is no piece of junk. Even though I had high expectations based on Sabbath's previous reviews, this lens exceeded those. The build quality is far better (in my opinion) than the $160 Canon 75-300. The sharpness is also better as well, even wide open at both zoom extremes, sharpness isn't terrible (again, we're talking about a $135 lens).

Anyway, I now find myself debating if I should buy this lens for myself. I have a few thousand in camera gear, so it seems silly to add such a cheap piece of glass to it...but, a lens to take out to the lake on my boat? Yeah, we might have a winner. To sum it up, VERY impressed.

The sigma in these are the same price, are they better?

I don't have first-hand knowledge of this, but the Sigma doesn't have near as good reviews as the Tamron (Di version)

is the Tamron Autofocus 75-300mm f/4-5.6 LD better than my 70-300mm kit lens?

oh boy. Which brand 70-300 kit lens? (nikon, canon, tamron, what are the letters after it?) The Tamron 75-300 doesn't have good reviews (as Sabbath mentioned), so I see no reason why you should consider this over the Tamron 70-300

Most reactions

Back