TAMRON TAP-in-Konsole

goooner

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any of you have this, and use it? I micro adjusted my 150-600 last week, but with in camera micro adjustment you can only do it at one F stop, one 'length' and 1 distance. I did mine at wide open, 600mm and around 10m.

Reading the Tamron website you can adjust focus for 3 distances in 8 segments. Any idea on how to do this. Do have to do the test at 3 distances, set the lens up using the dock, and then mount again and re-shoot? This will take for ever.

Advice on this would be much appreciated.

TAMRON TAP-in ConsoleTM - Tamron

Phone: +49 (0) 221 / 970325-0

They built it. hopefully they know how to use it.

No useful input from me, but following this because I've literally been wondering the same exact thing with mine.

Reikan Focal is the answer. I tuned mine at all the focal distances and 3 subject distances. I ran the test 6 times (150,200,300,400,500,600) at the 3 distances (apx 8 feet, 50 feet and infinity) After each distance I attached the Tap-IN and plugged in the values. Infinity is very tricky though and use a bit more of a trial and error approach.

uuuugh, sounds like a pain.

This how I adjusted my sigma micro adjustment. I said screw that and left it alone and it always seemed sharp where I was pointing. Now I have the Tamron 150-600 original flavor and it taste pretty good as is.

Random question...

Does anyone know if there's a service out there that will take your lens and camera body and calibrate them for you?

Random question...

Does anyone know if there's a service out there that will take your lens and camera body and calibrate them for you?
I sent my 150-600 g2 to tamron with my camera body for the cost of shipping and tamron did it in house. I do have the tap in console too but haven't used it for adjusting.

Reikan Focal is the answer. I tuned mine at all the focal distances and 3 subject distances. I ran the test 6 times (150,200,300,400,500,600) at the 3 distances (apx 8 feet, 50 feet and infinity) After each distance I attached the Tap-IN and plugged in the values. Infinity is very tricky though and use a bit more of a trial and error approach.
Thanks Kris, I was thinking of the Focal software too. Did you see a linearity to the values as you moved farther away? Not having a laptop will make the tuning tricky, will have to borrow one from work then. Finding a spot where I have 20+ meters that is level might be a trickier problem :allteeth:

Last edited:
Thanks Kris, I was thinking of the Focal software too. Did you see a linearity to the values as you moved the farther away? Not having a laptop will make the tuning tricky, will have to borrow one from work then. Finding a spot where I have 20+ meters that is level might be a trickier problem :allteeth:
I found the values to be not as linear as expected. There was variation at each distance and focal length that was a downright zig zag at times..

I'm debating just sending the lens and body to Tamron and having them calibrate it.. to be honest I've always struggled to get good AF fine tune settings on all my lenses, and this process seems much more complicated.

I've got a week long vacation coming up and figure I won't need it for that time so I might send it out then.

I've got a week long vacation coming up and figure I won't need it for that time so I might send it out then.

Thats just the time I would really need it :eek:

Thats just the time I would really need it :eek:

Well I'm going to New Orleans... only going to take my D7100 and 17-50 2.8... don't want to risk more getting stolen (D500) and don't have a need for the big lens in the city.

...might get some weird looks using it for street photography

I would just send it in to tamron if you can be without it. It took a week from ship out to getting it back.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back