Tamron v. Nikon lens

When you say same lenses, what are they? If they're 'kit' zooms of the same focal length and same max aperture, I see no reason why Nikon ones would be worth the extra money.

When you say same lenses, what are they? If they're 'kit' zooms of the same focal length and same max aperture, I see no reason why Nikon ones would be worth the extra money.

The Nikon "kit" lenses are probably worse. They are the worst lenses I've ever encountered. Nor are they made by Nikon so don't be impressed by the logo.

How many different threads are you going to start about your impending purchase off hand I can think of three. I know I am not a moderator here but it seems that you could have all the questions answered in one thread and probably have gotten a more concise and accurate answer. I have tried several times to help you only to see the thread that I posted on to keep dropping down in the rotation and see a new one started by you on almost the same topic. I'm not trying to be a jerk here I'm just trying to help because I think you probably could get confused with all the different answers I know if I was in your place with so many different threads started I would not know where to look for answers.

Are you referring to the Nikkor lenses?

Yes, they are made by a third party for Nikon and not by Nikon. These "kit" lenses are pretty bad, at least by my standards. I wish Nikon had given them a different brand. Set one down next to a 70-200VR lens and you'll see what I mean.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back